Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

Where to even begin in sharing about our time in Georgia. I guess to start off, the kids did well overall with the trip.  We had to make three stops, one only 30 min. from the hotel.  We saw the Edwards and Snowhites at the hotel that night but no one else.  I took Sierra swimming and we crashed.
 We met up for breakfast first thing Thursday morning.  Rainee and I enjoyed catching up after not seeing each other for over two years.  Nana was so smart and brought a tea set for Sierra to enjoy tea time with her family.  She loved it.  Aunt Linda, Rainee, and Great Grammy joined her in this picture.
 I loved seeing Uncle John and Aunt Linda as grandparents with Kate this time.  She is such a cute fun little girl.
Thanksgiving's past held a lot of different shots of activities we did over the years but you'll notice this year is lots of shots of whatever we were doing with the kids.  We love that they had ponds on the golf course for the kids to feed the ducks.  I think they did it at least 3 times in 48 hours.
Golf cart rides by Uncle John were a huge hit too.  They made it down to the playground as well.
 Nana has always been great with kids and this past week was not exception.  Here she is reading to the girls.
 The guys still hung out in the pool room playing pool and watching the game.  Below is Matt, Jonathan, Ryan, Michael, and Uncle John.
 Another great person with the kids is Uncle Tom.  Sierra loved him and is still talking about him today.  Look at that smile both girls are giving. Mikailia and Sierra hit it off great as second cousins.  They loved each other. 
 I had to add this shot because I love it of Papa and Swsanna.  Swsanna was also wonderful with the kids.
 The feast went well with only one melt down which is impressive with all the kids below.  We did two of the kernels of corn as a group and that went fairly well too.  A great time together with family.  Only wish it was longer.  20 years this tradition has been running, wow!
(I posted a lot more pictures to FB if you want to see more)

2 comments:

  1. Mariah, you did a great job capturing the week end in pictures. I'm impressed you got all six kids in one picture. I see Sierra was trying to escape : ) Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I knew all looking at the camera wouldn't happen but wanted to remember them all there and their ages. Sierra was busy with the ball and could care less I wanted a pics. haha

      Delete