Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Season

In the last couple of months I have made comments and mental notes to myself that I wanted to make sure the holiday season wasn't crazy for us and that we focused on the true meaning of it.  Thanksgiving was great with family but the preparation, time there, and then trying to get back into a groove again it has been extremely busy.
So today, as we started our day, I hoped for things to be different.  The weather was amazing here today for December.  Sierra, Wyatt, and I made it outside to ride bikes and sing while walking through leaves in the yard before we took Sierra to school.  It gave us a chance to talk to one of our neighbors on her way to work.  Things we haven't gotten to do much of lately and it was good.
This afternoon after Sierra woke up I told her we still had daylight and we should ask our neighbors if they wanted to come play in the leaves (since we still haven't gotten them raked and bagged up and there are a TON of leaves in our yard and its on our list to do) but it made for a great moment with our neighbors and I got to catch up with their mom.
Sierra and I  put together a Christmas puzzle I had bought at Target while we sang Christmas songs and Wyatt smiled along with us.  Things again we haven't done in a while.
Then while Wyatt napped Sierra and I got to talk more about the story of Jesus being born and create these little ornaments she gets to put on the kids' tree upstairs.  We had a kids' tree growing up where we made the ornaments and could move things as we wished.  Anyways, it was a great way to spend some time focused on why we are celebrating this season.
 So much to be thankful and I want more of today to be on my calendar in the weeks to come.
 As I put Jameson's ornaments on the tree this weekend my heart was a little sad, as always, that he is not with us but I focused too on all I was blessed with.  A beautiful outgoing loving energetic little lady and a smiley content snuggly little boy who both warm this mama's heart.  Looking at this shot below, with moose in the middle it reminded me that Jameson will always hold this place in our family in the middle between Sierra and Wyatt.  My three kids, I love so much.
If your holiday season is starting off super busy with always one more thing to do (that's how mine feels) be deliberate to find some time to slow down and just be in the moments.  My house is a wreck and I still have a long list of things to do, but today was a great day of just being in the moments with my kids and I am so glad I choose that today.  A blessed day...

No comments:

Post a Comment