Wyatt Jonathan Uttz
Born at 8:46pm
on Wednesday, August 21, 2013
weighing: 8.5 pounds
length: 21 1/2inches long
another blessing we cannot begin to share how thankful we are to have in our lives....
So I am finally finding a few moments while my sweet husband has taken Sierra to swim at the pool and my precious boy sleeps beside me to blog a bit about the arrival of Wyatt. He was 5 days late and we were planning on an induction on Friday, two days later. I felt my water break, but it was more of a trickle with no labor pains so I hung out at the house for a couple of hours letting Sierra finish her nap. Jonathan and I decided I should go to my parents house just in case and he'd meet me there since they live about 5 minutes from the hospital. At 5:30pm a couple hours later, my "plug" came out and the labor hit like a brick wall start at 5 min. apart and quickly increasing. Made it to the hospital and up to my room with 2-3 min. apart contractions and at 7cm. On my hands and knees in the bed trying to work through the contractions. Thankfully they still could do an epidural, got it and when they checked again I was a 10. We actually had to wait 15 min for some of the epidural to wear off so I could push. Wyatt did have the cord around his neck so they had to help quickly deliver him with only two pushes. He came 3 hours or so after the contractions started.
We all three are in love and in awe of our little man. We requested family to wait till morning to come since he came late in the evening and I had shakes from the epidural for a couple of hours. Sierra was the first one in and was soo excited for her little brother. She made me laugh when I went out to get her because she kept looking at my tummy which was small but still round wondering why he was still there. She has been extremely sweet and loving to him. She talks to him all the time and lets him know that Big Sister is here and always wanting to hold him. She loves rubbing her cheek on his head and getting him to hold her finger.

Here are a couple of family shots the first morning together.
Here are both sets of grandparents meeting the newest grandbaby.
My dad had a tradition with his kids to bring them a stuffed animal to the hospital and has carried on the tradition with his grandchildren. Since Wyatt's room is in a cowboy theme he had a lady make "Bingo" the bull for Wyatt, a one of a kind.
Harley Stuffed animals live on with a cute sheep from Gigi and Papa.
Here we are packing up. Jonathan was smart enough to bring up the Joovy stroller. Sierra was soo excited to ride with her big brother.
They always make the mama's ride down in the wheelchair so here we are waiting on Jonathan to drive the car around. My sweet friend Sarah was actual there at the time and was very helpful in getting all of our stuff down.
Wyatt's first car seat picture for his ride home. Hopefully I can post some more pictures of friends and family who came to visit and share more soon.
We are doing well overall. Getting adjusted and figuring out life as a family of four. Wyatt has been one sweet easy going boy so far, which is great. We are not taking any moments for granted as we know this is truly another precious gift from God we weren't sure we'd be seeing again. Full thankful hearts indeed.










Beautiful! Love, Pam
ReplyDelete