As we move into a new year, I think its normal to reflect back and think on things. So much has happened in this past year...ups and downs, highs and lows all to be thought through carefully.
A month of so ago I went to a boutique show at someone's house bought this Thankful Banner. As I took down Christmas decorations I put this up. I decided I didn't want it to be something that's up only around Thanksgiving but all year. I want it to be a reminder to me when I see it to take a few moments and be 'thankful' for the many blessings in my life.
So what am I thankful for? Much! God who provides on a daily basis and never gives up on me. A husband who provides for his family and loves us deeply. A daughter who bring spice to life and a love for us and those around her. A new son whose smile warms the hearts of everyone around him and joy to our hearts. Another son who holds a place for the rest of us to join him one day down the road; dear family close by, caring friends, wonderful neighbors who watch out for us, a warm home I never thought we'd live in again..as well as the day to day things. Watching my daughter dance in her princess dress, listen to the coos of my son, enjoying the warm sun coming through our window, eating a delicious dinner together as a family; so much to be thankful for all around me. I want to spend more time this next year being thankful for all the things I have been blessed with.
What are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment