Friday, November 22, 2013

Dad's Retirement

I just want to congratulate my Dad on his retirement.  Thank you for all of the years you supported us.  You have always worked hard to give us what we needed and wanted yet made sure you were also physically there supporting us in our active lives.  A few memories that stick in my mind towards your work:
You wore your navy uniform to work for many many years.
 
You walking home in the snow in Wisconsin. Your office wasn't but a mile away so part of that time we only had one car and I'd remember seeing you all bundled up coming home in the deep snow from work. 
 
You'd  come and talk to my class about working with the Indians around Thanksgiving.  You were willing to do this again when I was a teacher and wanted you to share with my students.
 
Riding in the helicopter with you and my sisters down into the canyon out in Arizona.  You were building the tribe a new water system down there.
 
I remember how sad I would be when you had to go out of town for work, funny enough it wasn't that often but it would always stick in my mind when you were gone.
 
You receiving your award up in Washington D.C. and Eric and I getting to bring a friend up for the trip.
 
Visiting you down on the Murfreesboro square.
 
You working for Rutherford County School Board and then I myself also working for Rutherford County Schools.  You taking me by your schools you were building at the time.  Then later you got an article written up on Blackman Middle for building such a nice school for way less expense.
 
Building projects you did out on your own for a while with Bob Warren.
 
Bringing Sierra by your last current workplace and getting to show her off.  You could tell the men working for you really respected you and that was seen again in their going away lunch and gift to you this week.
 
Blessings Dad!  I cannot wait to see what the next chapter of life holds for you.  I know you will still be supporting us in our active lives as well as so many others. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much, Mariah
    What a sweet tribute!!! Your dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, tears running down my cheeks.....Nana

    ReplyDelete