Thursday, November 7, 2013

Being Thankful in November


November is a month of reflecting on what you are thankful for.  I wanted to emphasize this to Sierra so we have started some new traditions.  One is giving back to others we are thankful for.  So Sierra and I made our first batch of cookies to pass out to those we are thankful for.  This morning she gave bags to our Recycle pick up man, the Garbage men, and our mail man as well as Mimi and Bapa who came over. I loved watching the excitement on her face as she gave instead of received.  We have more to give to say thanks this November.
We also have created a "Thankful Tree" shown above that we are adding to most nights.  We are all writing down things, people, etc. we are thankful for.   Everything has made it on the tree from our family, to baby dolls and their bottles, and even Santa.  Sierra is learning the importance of being thankful, we are reflecting on all we are thankful for, and creating new traditions together.  Love...

1 comment: