Thursday, March 7, 2013

Start of March





 


So I've been a little behind in blogging...haven't taken as many pictures lately either.  The end of February was a very busy time for us so we've been play catch up lately.  Poor Sierra had pink eye almost two weeks ago and then she had her first ear infection last weekend.  So we've been trying to be creative in getting this kiddo to take her medicine.  Anyways, last Sunday I took our cinnamon rolls and rolled them into hearts to show a little love to my two favorite people.
 The weather has been yuckier lately and so I've had to be more creative with things to do with this busy one.  We filled the sink with different things around the kitchen and played in bubble water. She loved it and pretended to make a hot chocolate cake and a pink apple pie for me while I worked on dinner.
We tried an indoor inflatable place last week called Monkey Joe's that she loved!  She kept walking around saying she was Monkey Joe and asking when we could go again.  Today we are going to Inside Out, an indoor playground place to run off some  built up energy.  We are excited because the weather is suppose to be nice this weekend so we'll be outside for sure!  Enjoying our first cousin birthday with Liam!

 Last, my mom went with me to my last ultrasound/doctor appointment on Tuesday.  We had another ultrasound done on the baby, measuring specifics as well as me down there to make sure everything was doing what is was suppose to.  Thankfully it is right now.   The high risk OB was great and wants me back in two weeks again for another quick ultrasound.  Then Monday, April 1st we will go for our 20 week appointment and we'll get to find out if its a boy or girl and have things checked out in detail again.
It's been a roller coaster of emotions at times, especially last week, but we made it past the point of losing Jameson, which we are thankful for.  However, I had a time of bitter sweetness that evening at home with Jonathan.  We were talking about everything and how good it all was.  But then I realized I am now in the pregnancy that I never got to experience with Jameson and from here on out it'll be things I missed out on with him and it just reminded me again how much I miss him.  But God is good and I know I'll see my sweet boy again one day.  In the meantime I am thankful for this new little one growing inside me.
Ending on a funnier note, I showed the ultrasound pictures to Sierra and she said baby and then proceeded to try and peel the picture of the baby off like a sticker. Such a silly kid; she was convinced they were stickers for her.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart again Mariah. I haven't thought about the emotion of moving beyond the date in this pregnancy that you didn't get to experience with Jameson. Bittersweet, no doubt. I still visualize Jameson looking down and smiling on you, Jonathan and Sierra - knowing this new little one will fill the void he left behind and happy that you will experience that joy again. Much love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so very wonderful to see a healthy little baby and then have the ultra sound specialist, high risk doctor and the OB all say everything looks great. Let's all stay on our knees. Dad's guess is a girl and mine is a boy...who do you think is right? So excited for another baby in the McLaughlin family. Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to see...you switched your guess mom. love ya

      Delete