Friday, March 22, 2013

"New Clock"

 So as well as Sierra transitioned to not having a "paci" in bed any longer, the one major thing that did change was the length of time she slept.  She often takes longer at bedtime, not nap time, to fall asleep, which is understandable, but she has also been waking up waaaay earlier than she normally would.
She typically would wake up between 7 and 7:30am with her paci. Now its anywhere from 5:45am to 7am.  Waaaay to early.  To top it off she doesn't get out of bed she yells for me like a broken record until I come to her bed. So we came up with a new game plan.  I read a lot about these clocks that change color.  So ours came in the mail Wednesday.  Thursday morning she woke up at 6:53am and I came in and asked if her clock turned from yellow to green (the back part does at the time you set) and she said no so we waited together till it did and got up.  This morning she woke up at 6am and I asked her if it was green and she said no so I said I'll lay with you for a minute but we have to stay in bed till it is green.  She fell back asleep till 7:10am!  She called to me and was soo excited to show me that her clock had turned green.  Not sure if this will be the answer to our problem but we are going to stick with it and be hopeful.

1 comment: