Sunday, December 16, 2012

Little Christmas Gathering

 When we use to live in Tennessee we usually had some sort of Christmas Party/Gathering each year.  This year being back I really wanted to do some sort of gathering, especially since I had only one party with my Bunco group. 
So we invited two of our friends with small kiddos themselves over for an earlier hang out so the kids could be a part.  Sarah and Trevor Mathiesen came, sadly without Hannah since she had a low fever, but glad they still came as well as Kristin and Nick Tidwell.  Carson and Sierra are four months apart in age.  Carson ran in and gave Sierra her Christmas present a book and she did they same and both tore into them.  Funny to watch how kids do things.  Then they both sat down and actually enjoyed them.  Knox sat back and took everything in.  We had a lot of great food and it was so nice visiting with friends and really the kids did good and gave us a chance to catch up.  I told Sarah and Trevor as they left that is was a neat feeling in my heart to be inviting over "old" friends if you will.  I've known them both since youth group at church.  I moved a lot in my younger years of growing up and then moved a lot here recently so I found comfort by hanging out with "old" friends.  Thankful for all the friends we are blessed with in our lives. Below is Sarah in the middle and Kristin on the right.  Didn't make the guys take us a picture like us girls. (smiles)

1 comment:

  1. So sad Hannah was sick. Looks like a great time to be back with dear friends. Such a great entertainer you are Mariah. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete