Monday, November 19, 2012

Couponing...

I know for some, this will probably seem like a silly post, but it's me and so I had to post something about it.  If you know me well you know I LOVE getting a good deal and find a challenge in getting the deal.  It makes my day when I have saved money; a surge of excitement if you will... I know, I know, what?!  But hey, its who I am and Jonathan finds it a blessing since he doesn't have to worry about me going out and spending tons of money.
In Texas, we really only had two grocery stores and Wal-mart to shop at and though HEB was a nice store, their ways of couponing was difficult and not the greatest deals overall.  The other part that frustrated me was that the local paper only got "some" of the coupons everyone else in the country got in a Sunday paper.  So if the CVS flyer said in most Sunday papers, as seen below, I was usually guaranteed not to have it.
Coming back the past two weeks I have gotten the Sunday paper and have been doing lots of clipping.  Kroger and Publix are the two main stores I shop at the most often down the street here.  My little heart has been so happy by the coupons I have clipped and the deals I have already gotten. Sigh...the little things that makes this girl's day.
You know I have to shared a few of them.   Box of Wheat Thins, normally $3 got them for $1 a piece, Chex cereal $3.19 a piece got for a $1.26, Swanson Chicken Broth $1.19 a can got for 33 cents a piece, Progresso soup $2.09 a can got for 5 cents...just to name a few. (insert happy sigh here)
I think part of why this makes me happy is because as a stay at home mom I am always trying to find ways to do my part in saving our family money.  So this makes it that much easier for me.  We also have Aldi's in town, a discounted store, that I'll be making a monthly stop at for stuff too.
So if you are ever needing to know about the local deals in flyers or what is considered a good price, I am your girl.
Now if only my coupon book didn't get accidentally put into storage I'd be perfectly happy.  Onto a new way of keep my coupons sorted.

4 comments:

  1. Such a proud mom I am....creative daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need your help with this, Mo. We just went over the budget and I am spending way too much on groceries even though I always shop the deals just like mom taught :) When I try to do coupons on my own - I end up not saving much at all and it doesn't seem worth the effort. Help :) - Jena

    ReplyDelete