Friday, September 7, 2012

Jameson Brooks

"The mention of my child's name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you love me, let me hear the beautiful music of his name. It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul."
~author unknown 
(This really does speak of my heart.  Talking of him and knowing you still think of him and sharing that with me is balm to my soul because memories are all I have left of my sweet boy.)
"Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs."
~ Matthew 19:14
   (The heart charm is Jameson's.  The star being held in God's arm.  Pam gave it to me and is being worn close to my heart today.)

    Friday, September 7, 2012, sweet little Jameson, today is your first birthday.  Happy Birthday little man!  I have had thoughts of you too many times to count this past year and miss you as much as the day you left this Earth.  So many memories are tied to you and remind me of you.  I can recall so many times my heart cried at the sight of a new little baby boy and how my arms long to hold you still.  Up until a few months ago I couldn't even hold another baby boy because I only wanted it to be you.  Thoughts and situations were literally suffocating for me at times.  But I have come to peace knowing my heavenly Father is holding you and taking care of you better than I ever could and quite amazingly does love you even more than I do, and that's vast in size, believe me. (smiles)  I know you are in the most wondrous place, whole and living the life we all are striving for this side of Earth.  I hope you are looking down from time to time at your family seeing how we are moving forward with your memory and doing well by God's grace and strength.  Don't ever doubt that we miss you like crazy and love you so dearly either;  because both are so true of you sweet boy.  Your other brother or sister also joined you in heaven this year and I know you are showing them the ropes and taking them under your wing to wait for us to join you one day.  Send our love to them as well.

    Oh Jameson, a year of so many firsts without you...very difficult in many ways.  I still long for you and Sierra to be playing together and learning to love each other; your Daddy and I getting to enjoy the experience of those first moments with you, but instead I am choosing to keep my eyes on God and trust Him.  I do not know His plans or ways for us, but I know He loves us as much as He loves you, so we trust Him.  I am learning to make beauty out of the ashes.  I cannot change what happened but I can choose to use it for God's glory and I am trying to do that, to honor your precious memory and to be a mama you can be proud of.
    As Philippians 3 says, 
"He’ll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him."

    Today your Daddy, sister Sierra, and myself went to the bookstore and bought a birthday present for you.  The first Curious George Book to donate to a library in your memory.  We picked Curious George because its your big sis' favorite right now and we know you'd be loving whatever she loves so we thought it was appropriate.  

    We also had a cupcake in memory of your birthday.  Sierra called out her "Happy Cupcake" for Happy Birthday, just for you. (smiles)  My precious boy, we love you soo much, so very much!  It's hard to know how to remember in a day like today, but know we did all of this because we love you and want you to see and know that too.









 
I'll end with another quote I found that says the words of my heart...
"Gone yet not forgotten,
although we are apart,
your spirit lives within me,
forever in my heart."

Jameson, know how much your Daddy and Mommy love you and miss you still today.

16 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking with yours today. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for letting me be a part of your family this year. I will forever remember Septmeber 7th and your Sweet Jameson.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you too Sarah, thank you for being the family close by when ours is far away.

      Delete
  2. Simply beautiful!! I can feel the love you have for him in this post. One that only a parent knows. I know the thought of the whole day take your breath away, but you are so strong and are handling it with such grace. We both, sadly, share the same greif that NO PARENT should ever have to know. I am sorry for that too. I am proud to call you a friend, a sister and exceptional human being that I know. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading through tears. Thanks for sharing Mariah. I love the library book donation in memory of Jameson. Sending extra hugs for all three of you today. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hugs back to you. Sierra keeps saying Happy Cupcake Nana...

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful tribute to your precious Jameson. My heart breaks for you. We know our loved ones dance on heaven's side but missing them and all we could have had with them is so very hard. Much love and many prayerss to you and your family!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the men in our lives are dancing together in heaven. Makes me smile to think of that :)

      Delete
  5. Our internet was down yesterday but know that we were thinking of you guys all day today. Love you so much. Can't wait to give you a hug at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a hard thing to do...lose a child. Wish we could have known him. We have a hole in our heart just for him. Glad you could be together for the day. Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to be together to remember him. :) xoxo

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing your heart. Beautiful tribute to Jameson and tender, loving way to celebrate his birthday! Love to all, Pam and Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome, thanks for sharing in it your own way too. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Hey Guys, I love what was written! I'm glad I had a chance to sing Happy Birthday to Jameson with you Mariah, but I wish we all could have been close enough to sing together so hugs could have followed. We love you Jameson. I look forward to when you will show me. Love you all, Your Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad singing to our sweet boy meant the world to me, thank you for that special moment. Love you too!

      Delete