Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sick Baby

 Our poor little guy has had congestion for a week or more.  Saturday night he woke up around midnight and when I checked on him he seemed really hot.  We took his temperature and it was 102.4, not good at all for a 9 week old. 
 Called our dr. office and got the dr. on call.  We were told to take him to the ER at Vanderbilt's Children's Hospital in Nashville.  I was there from 1 am or so until 6:30 am  .  They drew blood, did a urine sample, and a lumbar puncture. Thankfully nothing showed up.  He has had congestion so it might have been related to that.  Went to our doctor on Monday.  He was fever free then but was still given a 2nd dose of antibiotic.  I think we are finally on the up side. He is sleeping better at night. Pray for naps to improve and congestion to be completely gone too.
This little guy noticed himself in the mirror for the first time at the doctor's Monday...so cute to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment