Sierra has spent the past two weeks doing independent swim lessons at Ms. Sue's Swimming Pool. Funny enough Ms. Sue taught me private lessons when we first moved to TN to help me with putting my face into the water when swimming.
Each day they lined up on the side like this and then the parents were asked to leave. It really is a smart thing because Sierra tends to use me as a crutch and even did the last day for a bit until she got into things again. They had 3 instructors in the water with the kiddos.
Here she is working on her blowing bubbles. You'd think that was something we already had down but funny enough I could not get her to do that personally so after the first day she came home showing us that I was thrilled.
She loved getting to do swim lessons and made friends too. The little girl whose back is to us is Madison and she adored her. It was sweet to her to excitement when she saw her each day.
One of the last things they showed was Sierra putting on what's called the "turtle" these foam pads on her back. They give just a little float but allow the kids arms and legs to be free to swim as they should. Sierra was flying and the instructor could hardly stay in front of and made the comment. I loved seeing it. I think she really gained from the lessons so I am glad we took the time to do them.
Here she is getting her passing certificate. Ms. Sue stamped them each with a blue dolphin stamp which is probably their favorite. Proud of this little one. Hoping she is quickly completely independent at the beginning of next summer since I will have Wyatt in my arms. Plus she is so proud of herself and her abilities in the water.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Adorable. Glad it was a good time!
ReplyDelete