Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day

       I have been reflecting often the past couple of weeks on the fact that Mother's Day is approaching.  This brings a world of emotions to my feet for myself as well as so many around me.  I sit in awe and humbleness at the fact that I have my precious Sierra and God saw me fit to be her mother.  I cannot thank God enough for allowing the opportunity to be a Mommy here on Earth and experience so many wonderful things with her.  I try so hard to soak in all the "moments" that are brought as a Mother as wonderful and trying as it can be on a daily basis.
       I also sit here as an expecting Mother.  I can honestly say that I had to let that possibility of it even happening again go with all we had been through.  I know God wanted me to resign to Him in this area and now I sit almost 26 weeks pregnant feeling our little boy kick and move on a regular basis throughout the day.  I do not take that for granted either and thank God for this blessing; the lack of feeling comfortable and tiredness in all.  I once again sit in awe that I have this opportunity to be a Mother to a boy, especially after losing my other boy.
       Which brings me to the last emotion, a Mother who has lost her son and has to wait to spend time with him as his Mommy in heaven.  I rejoice at that fact that I will see him again but my heart still aches on a regular basis for my sweet Jameson.  Its something that will never go away no matter who or what comes my way.  He'll always be my 2nd, my first boy.  Realizing we were having a boy this time brought joy at the chance to experience things with a little boy but also very sad realization how much I will and have missed out on with Jameson.  But God is good and I trust his plan for my life.
        My heart is heavy for all those Mothers who have lost a child.  Mother's Day is bittersweet in those moments.  My heart grieves for the ones who long for a child but haven't yet had the opportunity come their way.  My heart cries for the Mothers who have sweet little ones but they are all in heaven and not here on earth experiencing life with them, however long their little lives may have been.  My heart even hurts for those Mother's experiencing hard long trials as well as the day to day trials with their children whatever that looks like right now.
      So embrace all the blessings you have been given as a Mother and in your own Mother.  Reflect on the good, the blessings, the love, the cherished moments you have/had with them.  Above all remember to be sensitive to those you may know nothing about around you and be thankful to the amazing God we serve.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts, Mariah. You are such a great Mommy!

    ReplyDelete