Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bye Bye Paci, Hello Pink Princess Kitty

 Jonathan and I have been trying to decide the right time for Sierra to say good-bye to her paci.  Its hard because she sleeps so well with it and its only in bed, but we know that she was getting older and with a new baby coming she needed to be well over it before a new baby came into the house with a paci.
Ironically this week Sierra has woken up several times during nap and bedtime saying her paci is hurting her mouth.  So when the third day in a row occurred I told Jonathan we needed to consider getting rid of paci now.  We decided to take a day to talk about it.  Well, I started talking about it with her yesterday and after a bit she left the room and came back with all of her pacis and said she wanted a new "dolly" and her yucky pacis hurt her tongue.  So Jonathan and I decided to meet at the mall last night and go for it!









Sierra and I had looked on line before we left at different animals and Sierra loved the pink kitty from the get go so when we got there she didn't wavier in the least on what she wanted with everything around.  So we went and found a worker and she handed over her bag of pacis to the man.  Then she got her kitty and went through the process.  If you have never done it, its pretty neat.  First you pick an animal, then you put a heart that you kiss into it, then they fill it with stuffing.  Then you can move on to the "air bath" and last you can pick out accessories if you desire.  Sierra was in awe of the outfits, especially the princess ones.  She had a purple one picked out but then saw the Oh so glittery boots and changed her mind to a pink dress that matched.  You last fill out a birth certificate for your animal that prints out and you are set.












 
She loved getting to walk out with her Pink Princess Kitty in her very own home.  On the way home she kept telling me she had a kitty but the man at the mall had her pacis.  I would agree with her and talk about how big she was and then she would tell me she missed her pacis and I would say that is ok to miss them.  She fussed a bit but fell asleep within 40 minutes of laying down.  I felt that was pretty good for the first night.  We'll see how it goes.  Proud of her in this big step.
Pink Princess Kitty
Sleeping Beauty Princess gown and crown with pink glitter boots

2 comments:

  1. good job, big girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! It's so hard to believe she's getting so big already! Priceless memories!

    ReplyDelete