Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Great Grandparents



 Today we had a great afternoon/evening with Great Papa and Great Grammy, my grandparents, coming over and visiting with us.  They live up in Minneapolis so we love the times we get to spend with them.  Watching these moments that my family has, especially Sierra has, with her great grandparents on both sides warms my heart.  Sierra and her Great Grammy both enjoyed some yummy cookie dough beaters together.  Later I went into Sierra's room to find that she had taken Great Grammy's shoe and sock off and when Great Grammy told her that her foot was cold and she needed her sock back on Sierra quickly put it on her foot.  Then to top it off she proceeded to put Great Grammy's foot into a shopping basket and told her it was now ok.  Like a basket one, makes it warmer, and two feels good.  Oh the things she thinks in that little head. She had both of us rolling in laughter.
 We also decided to open our presents to one another.  We gave them a a snapfish photo album of their seven great grand kids.  That number will nearly double in 2013.  So I guess I'll be making another book next year too.  Three girls so far on the list...They gave Sierra a memorable book I won't share yet because of other great grand kids.  Then Grammy made a sweet gift for us, which I will also not share or show yet due to other family members reading.  Smiles
Sierra had had some fun time with her Great Papa as well.  She warmed up to them so quickly yet again and had a blast showing them EVERYTHING! So thankful they are able to be down here and the special time we got to spend together.

1 comment:

  1. Such very tender memories for Sierra and how wonderful that they were documented. Good job Mariah!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete