There are always new things you want to try to do...one for me is to can some items, like salsa. Jonathan is a HUGE fan of salsa. So we decided to embark on this new mission. I tried once from a recipe online and yuck is the word. Flavorless is another for that batch.
So instead of continuing to search online and keep guessing I went straight to a source who makes good salsa and knows way more about it than myself, my Uncle Tim. :) We talked for a while on the phone about what he does and what he puts into his salsa. He has no real recipe, but that is an indicator to me of someone who knows what they are doing.
So we made our 2nd attempt this weekend. I think it turned out much much better. We still haven't hit our "Ahh perfection" moment but we know that practice makes perfect. I made almost 3 quarts this first time. Plan to make more and add heat to the next batch for Jonathan... thanks Tim for the help!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment