This is one of my old co-workers, Staci. She and I worked a lot together at Bethesda. She was the special ed. teacher and I had a lot of her kiddos in my classroom over the three years I was there. She and I worked well together and I care deeply for her. She recently just celebrated her 40th Birthday with a big surprise party and I remembered wishing I could have been there. She also was in the group of ladies I did Bunco with once a month that I came to love and appreciate soo much.
She has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't know all the details of it but I do know that she is having surgery tomorrow to have her breast(s) removed and to see how far it has gotten. The community I was so blessed to be a part of for 4 years in Thompsons Station and at Bethesda Elementary is AMAZING. Yesterday the entire staff, 60 plus people were all wearing pink shirts, like the one she is wearing in the picture with the breast cancer logo on it and the words "Team Staci" written on all of them. Her community friends had a party for her to pray and rally with her before her surgery.
My heart is so full of love for the community I still hold as mine in my heart. They take the good and the bad with you all the way to the end, no if and or buts about it.
When I came into town between moves, this same group of people all came together for a party for me to support me after losing Jameson. I've been gone for over a year at that time...but that didn't matter. They still care and I was still a part of it all.
So pray with me tomorrow, and the months to come for my sweet friend Staci. She has so much to offer still in this life, including being a wife and a mom to her two middle school aged kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment